Amanda Hammett is the CEO of Core Elevation, a company dedicated to helping high-performance leaders achieve even greater results and working with Inc. 5,000 corporations to strategize attracting, retaining, and engaging top-level talent. She is also the host of the Next Generation Rockstars Podcast (aka Millennial Rockstars), where she proves her nickname as the ‘Millennial Translator’ by interviewing millennial business prodigies on the secrets of their success and the motivations that focus them. Amanda currently serves on the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce board while also serving for the past ten years as Corporate Board President of the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Georgia (HOBY). With a BA in History & Political Science from Agnes Scott College, she is a consultant and trainer who has delivered over 800 keynote speeches to the millennials corporate America needs to connect with.
In today’s episode, Amanda joins us to discuss recruiting millennials and Generation Z and what problems she has observed with modern recruitment techniques for this demographic. She reveals her Millennial Translator moniker’s origin and why businesses began to queue up for her help in connecting them with their younger workforce. Amanda takes a psychological look at the millennial employee and why they rebel against the Boomer Generation’s work-life values before them. She also warns the companies who are quick to make statements of intent; be that for social change, better employment practice, or other morally guided declarations. She explains that millennials do their homework on their possible future employees and empty promises can come back to haunt a brand in the most damaging of ways.
“What makes millennials different is their size. They are the biggest generation to come through since boomers and (are) even larger than boomers AND their willingness to speak up – their willingness to say ‘This isn’t for me.'” – Amanda Hammett
This week on Breaking Barriers:
- Why you need to lose the negative preconceptions about millennials
- How millennials have a different work-life ambition to the Boomer Generation before them
- Why companies struggle to retain millennial talent
- How Boomer employers don’t account for the speed of change in technology and culture and the communication changes that are needed to accompany this
- The importance of deadlines and enforcing accountability with your millennial employee
- Why taking the time to explain your businesses processes will save you in millennial productivity
- How millennials will hold your company to account for your business practice promises`
Connect with Amanda Hammett:
- Next Generation Rockstars Podcast
- Core Elevation’s Website
- Core Elevation on LinkedIn
- Amanda Hammett’s Website
- Amanda Hammett on LinkedIn
Connect with Hire Ground:
- Hire Ground’s Website
- Hire Ground on LinkedIn
- Hire Ground on Facebook
- Hire Ground on Twitter
- Cloe Guidry-Reed on LinkedIn
- Adam Moore on LinkedIn
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority led, women led LGBT led, and veteran led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!