Welcome to another enlightening episode of Hire Ground, where we explore the intersecting paths of supply chain inclusion, supplier diversity, and creating a more equitable economy. On today’s episode, we have the pleasure of hosting Takema Robinson, an inspiring leader and catalyst for social justice through corporate change.
Takema Robinson, founder and CEO of Converge, is not only at the forefront of advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the corporate world, but she’s also solidifying the importance of DEI within the very fabric of community dynamics. With a rich family history in civil rights activism and a personal education journey through Howard University, her expertise surrounds nurturing relationships with giant corporations to better serve communities of color, ensuring that diversity is more than just a buzzword, but rather a potent asset in every aspect of a business ecosystem.
“The key to unlocking real change is not to be punitive but to invite everyone to see diversity as a superpower, something that can positively influence all of us.” – Takema Robinson
Key takeaways from our conversation with Takema include:
- Understanding that true commitment to DEI comes from ingrained company values, not just external mandates.
- Recognizing the significant impact that the purchasing power of younger generations has on promoting socially conscious businesses.
- The empowerment of employees in non-DEI aligned companies through collective actions such as walkouts and conversations around these critical topics.
- Emphasizing the need for deep listening, observation, and trust-building for authentic engagements in conversations on diversity.
- Focusing on collecting accurate data for inclusive analysis, utilizing third-party consultants when necessary to maintain authenticity.
- Acknowledging the current legal and societal pushbacks affecting the progress of DEI, racial equality, and diversity efforts.
- Addressing the cultural work necessary within schools and organizations to provide access to knowledge, development tools, and assessments.
- Sharing the potential risks and rewards of advocating for equitable business relationships, as highlighted in Takema’s personal experience with an NFL team.
Connect with Takema Robinson:
Our show aspires to not only engage minds but to spur action that uplifts communities through informed and passionate discourse. We extend our deepest gratitude to Takema Robinson for her energy and insights, and we encourage our listeners to connect, share their thoughts, and become part of the vital conversation surrounding DEI.
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.