Mary Gano is the Senior Manager of Supply Chain Diversity and Sustainability at Vista Corp. where she advocates for diverse and small businesses in the supply chain. She was selected as Vistra Women Information Network’s 2019 Woman of the Year and is a member of the Dallas Regional Chamber Leadership Dallas Class of 2021. She previously worked at Energy Future Holdings and MJG Recruitment Services. Mary has a bachelor’s degree in Communications from Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
Mary joins us to discuss supplier growth through introductions to tier 1 suppliers. She explains how corporations can work with suppliers while satisfying regulations and insurance requirements. She also highlights errors made by companies when crafting their diversity initiatives and explains how supplier and workforce composition diversity can be ensured at tier 1 and tier 2. Mary also reveals how diversity professionals can persuade senior managers to bring on small businesses and build on small successes.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- How larger corporations can bring in small, diverse businesses and satisfy regulations
- The role of ISNetworld in verifying supplier insurances
- The common mistakes companies make when putting a supply chain diversity program together
- How companies can ensure tier 2 diversity through their tier 1 suppliers
- Doing research, creating a capability statement, and reaching out to supplier diversity professionals
- How to discuss supply chain inclusion with category and senior managers
Connect with Mary Gano:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.