While the workforce may relish the abundance of conveniences that working from home via Zoom brings, it’s unquestionable that people have been missing the element of physically connecting with others. After almost two years of virtual conferences, in-person conferences are once again taking place. As we return to some semblance of normalcy, the opportunity once again exists to meet contacts and collaborators face-to-face.
In this episode, we discuss the conference experience in a post-COVID world. Cloe shares what it was like to meet established contacts at a conference for the first time while following COVID precautions. Adam reveals the difficulties he experienced communicating with event staff while wearing masks and talking through plexiglass screens. He also explains how the CLEAR app can be used to prove your identity and vaccination status. We also deliberate over the possible future of work as the 9-5 workweek becomes less common and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of in-person, virtual, and hybrid conferences.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- Networking at conferences while following COVID safeguards and respecting face masks and personal choices
- The difficulties of communicating through face masks
- Using the CLEAR app, uploading your vaccination documentation, and confirming your identity
- The legality of questioning conference attendees on their vaccination status
- What engagement and building culture looks like for at-home workers
- How work-life is changing as many professionals are freed from the rigid 9-5 structure
- The advantages of in-person conferences over virtual conferences
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.