Marilyn Johnson is the Principal at MHJohnson & Associates, a consulting firm that focuses on managing and developing programs catering to entrepreneurs and organizations. Their services include supplier development program implementation, team building group facilitation, and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator workshops. Marilyn has over 25 years of experience in management and marketing; she specializes in program development, strategic sourcing, and vendor evaluation and development. She obtained her MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
Marilyn joins us in this episode to discuss how supplier diversity programs enhance work culture and allows an organization to explore new ways to do business. She shares her professional experience, milestones, and why she is passionate about supplier diversity. She explains why a company may be hesitant to implement or adopt a supplier diversity program and describes how the Myers-Briggs test can help business leaders accurately assess the best way to utilize their team members’ specializations. Marilyn also discusses the importance of establishing a supplier diversity infrastructure and why team building is critical to company culture.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- Marilyn’s professional background and her journey to entrepreneurship
- How helping large companies can have an impact on smaller companies
- Why supplier diversity programs can overwhelm companies
- Why organizations sometimes hesitate to adopt supplier diversity programs
- How business leaders can educate their teams on what supplier diversity can bring to their organizations
- How the Myers-Briggs test assists organizations with supplier diversity
- The necessity of organizations to plan for team building
- How Marilyn’s company assesses the needs of the supplier and matches them
- The significance of establishing a supplier diversity infrastructure to the success of a corporation
- Common mistakes companies make when implementing supplier diversity programs
Connect with Marilyn Johnson:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.