Lee Henderson is the Americas EY Private Leader for Ernst & Young, a company he has worked with for the past 27 years. As a private leader and advocate for entrepreneurial access, Lee works with teams across the EY Americas Area to support high-growth entrepreneurs and private middle-market companies. In addition to his role at EY, Lee is a board member of The Big Shoulders Fund and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation. He is also a member of the Forbes Finance Council and The Economic Club of Chicago. He graduated from California State University in Hayward with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
Lee joins us today to discuss leveraging corporate resources to support minority-owned businesses. He describes his role as the Americas EY Private Leader and as a mediator between large companies and individuals who want to start a business. He discusses EY’s Entrepreneurship Access Network program and how it helps Black, Hispanic, and women founders and entrepreneurs. He also offers advice to minority entrepreneurs and business owners and shares the ways investors and larger companies can turn their social awareness into concrete action.
This week on Breaking Barriers:
- Lee’s background and journey to EY
- His latest role and responsibilities as the Americas EY Private Leader
- Lee’s function as a connector between large companies and individuals who want to start a business
- Different ways to create capital and fund minority-owned businesses
- EY’s top-down approach to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Lee’s membership in The Big Shoulders Fund, The Economic Club of Chicago, and The Robert R. McCormick Foundation
- Turning awareness into action and Lee’s advice to investors and large companies in supporting minority-owned businesses
Connect with Lee Henderson:
- EY on LinkedIn
- EY on Facebook
- EY on Twitter
- EY on YouTube
- Lee Henderson on LinkedIn
- Lee Henderson on Twitter
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.