Mayank Shah is the Founder & CEO of MSDUK, the UK’s leading supplier diversity organization. MSDUK works to advance minority business inclusion in corporate supply chains as an advocate for supplier diversity. Mayank has championed supplier diversity over the last 20 years and has worked with over 125 international corporations and 1500 ethnic minority companies. They have delivered world-class events and various business development programs to help minority businesses be more competitive in their respective industries.
Mayank joins us to describe what MSDUK does for supplier diversity on a local and global scale. He shares the differences in how the UK and US define supplier diversity. He explains how an EU company can start a US-based business. He discusses the importance of having the numbers to support your business case in addition to a supplier diversity program. Mayank also reveals the one thing that can make supplier diversity professionals succeed.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- The current state of supplier diversity in various countries
- The time Mayank met Magic Johnson
- Mayank’s advice to those who want to start a company in the US but are based in the EU
- The importance of measuring your success
- What you need to have a supplier diversity mindset
- What Mayank noticed about companies who have supplier diversity programs
- The challenges involved in the certification process
- The difference in how the US and the UK handle supplier diversity
- The key to succeeding as a supplier diversity professional
Connect with Mayank Shah:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.