Planning a supplier diversity program is not as easy as it may seem. They require time, the right mindset, and funding. What does it take to make a successful supplier diversity program? How do organizations know the supplier diversity program they have is effective?
In this episode, we explain how organizations can begin to establish a supplier diversity program. We describe why cost is among the first factors to consider when starting a program. We discuss the people every supplier diversity program should have and how to hire the best ones. We share the importance of having a well-designed and well-planned registration portal for your suppliers. We also highlight the importance of giving out show awards for excellent supplier diversity programs.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- What an ideal supplier diversity setup looks like
- The first thing to consider before starting a supplier diversity program
- Why grooming your strategic sourcing people is critical for a successful program
- Knowing your goals and understanding what it takes to get there
- How expensive a supplier diversity program is
- How online portals should work and what these systems should contain
- The roles every supplier diversity program should fill
- What it takes to find and hire the qualified candidates for a program
- Having an award for companies with successful supplier diversity programs
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.