Evette Ellis is the Co-founder and Chief Workforce Officer at ChargerHelp!, a technology solutions company focusing on the electric vehicle supply equipment industry. Their services are designed to help maintain EV charging stations. Evette is a workforce specialist, having worked with the US Department of Labor’s Job Corps from 2012 to 2017 as a career transition specialist and outreach specialist. She is also passionate about diversity and inclusion, especially when it comes to moving the careers of underrepresented professionals forward.
Evette joins us to discuss the services ChargerHelp! offers and how they manage their DE&I program. She explains how the company is employee-centric and values equity above all. She describes how they’re spearheading an industry that will be in demand in the coming years. Evette also shares their hiring practices and discusses the future of ChargerHelp!.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- Who Evette is and what ChargerHelp! is all about
- Achieving both the vision and mission of ChargerHelp!
- How they made DE&I achievable in their business
- Valuing the people who keep your business running
- Solving problems of equity and opportunity in the EV industry
- Why Evette feels some deserving professionals are underrepresented
- What Evette thinks causes the salary gap between minority and non-minority professionals
- Why Evette is actively recruiting more women
- The ridiculous gap in the EVSE Tech world
- The training Evette’s employees undergo
- What’s in the pipeline for ChargerHelp!
Connect with Evette Ellis:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.