Khalif Johnson is a procurement manager at Turner Construction Company, one of the US’s largest international construction services companies. Khalif has worked with Turner for over 19 years, starting as a project engineer in 2003. As Procurement Manager, he is responsible for managing Turner’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain. Khalif earned his degree in Architectural and Building Sciences/Technology at Auburn University.
Khalif joins us to discuss how Turner manages its DE&I programs from a procurement standpoint. He shares some of the highlights of working in procurement. He explains the importance of being specific and transparent in procurement and what the procurement industry can do to improve in today’s market. Khalif also describes why having a diverse organization leads to more business.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- Khalif’s career and key milestones in procurement
- What procurement is and how it factors into the success of supply chains
- Turner Construction: their scale and the services they offer
- Their company’s internal and external DE&I strategies
- The networking benefits of owning a diverse business
- How the procurement industry can be improved
- The importance of transparency in the procurement process
Connect with Khalif Johnson:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.