After two long years of wearing masks, social distancing, and working remotely, conference season is finally back…and hopefully, it’s here to stay! We’re extremely excited to start traveling again, meeting new people, and getting back into the groove of attending industry conferences.
In this episode, we discuss some of the conferences we have attended so far this year and the ones that are currently on our radar. We discuss how some conferences have begun implementing new strategies to host in-person conferences while ensuring attendees feel safe and comfortable in the “new normal” of attending post-pandemic events. We discuss the value of attending small conferences and highlight the value of being prepared to meet other corporate executives at industry conferences. We also discuss the differences between procurement conferences and trade shows and why corporate leaders should have employees represent their company at procurement conferences.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- How some conferences are using a color-coded wristband approach to hosting post-pandemic events
- The benefits of attending small, more intimate conferences
- Being prepared to meet corporate executives at industry conferences
- Going to conference to learn from other corporate leaders
- The difference between procurement conferences and trade shows
- Upcoming conferences we will be attending
- Diversity Alliance for Science Conference
- 2022 WBENC National Conference
- 2022 NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference
- 2022 NMSDC Virtual Business Connection Matchmaker
- 2022 ProcureCon
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.