Heather Cox is a recognized authority in supplier diversity and diversity certification and is the President of Certify My Company, a certification resource dedicated to the supplier diversity community. Certify My Company assists large companies in developing their supplier diversity programs and boosting diversity spending. Heather is also a public speaker who specializes in business development.
Heather joins us to discuss the value of diversity certification and how businesses can use the certification to grow their networks. She describes the potential wisdom business leaders can earn by being certified. She explains the message a company conveys in choosing not to apply for certification. Heather shares the reasons consumers are more intuitive regarding the products and services they buy. Heather also discusses the time clients can save working with her company.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- Diversity certification and the value it brings to small and large businesses
- The benefits to businessowners who apply for diversity certification
- The kind of information you can benefit from with certification
- The message you’re sending when you choose not to get certified despite being eligible
- How Heather helps corporations get their diversity certification
- The average time businesses can save in utilizing Certify My Company
- Why Heather says certification is critical in today’s market
- The difference between being a diverse firm and an inclusive firm
- How to use diversity certification as a tool for your business
Connect with Heather Cox:
- Certify My Company
- Certify My Company on LinkedIn
- Certify My Company on Facebook
- Certify My Company on Twitter
- Heather Cox on LinkedIn
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.