Gregory “Greg” Hawkins is the Manager of Diversity Supplier Development at Stellantis, one of the world’s leading automakers and mobility service providers carrying brands such as Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Jeep, and Peugeot. For over 15 years, Greg has worked in sales and training, project design, process development, and supplier diversity. He was also awarded Automotive News’ Notable Champion of Diversity at Stellantis in January 2022.
Greg joins us to describe Stellantis’ supplier diversity program and the impact they make throughout the rest of the automotive industry. He describes why it can be challenging for minorities to become entrepreneurs in the industry and explains how empowerment can create a positive effect on communities. Greg also describes what clients can expect when they partner with Stellantis.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- The people behind Stellantis and the brand they’ve built
- Stellantis’ mission and how they evolved to be more inclusive and diverse
- Why it’s a challenge for young, black entrepreneurs to get into the auto industry
- Addressing social issues through empowerment
- The entire point of supplier diversity regarding relationships and profits
- What clients can expect if they get into a contract with Stellantis
- Defining supplier diversity excellence in your organization
- How Greg got into supplier diversity and his professional track record
Connect with Greg Hawkins:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.