Upholding supplier diversity programs in any business is no easy task. Regardless of what some experts say, even something as reasonable as supplier diversity can—and will—have some form of pushback. What can companies do to streamline their supplier diversity programs? What can small businesses do to win contracts from companies that prefer legacy procurement models?
In this episode, we describe some of the innovations we expect from the top companies in the United States regarding supplier diversity and inclusion programs in 2022. We share what small businesses can do to make their services more attractive. We explain the importance of knowing the “why” of your supplier diversity program regarding goal setting. We also discuss the supplier diversity solutions Higher Ground offers.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- Restating the purpose of this podcast and why we are passionate about it
- Having a clear path to your company’s supplier diversity goals
- Knowing the “why” of your supplier diversity programs
- Understanding what steps make sense and what steps your department will have to stomach
- What Higher Ground is and how it can help meet your company’s supplier diversity KPIs and ROIs
- What most people don’t understand about supplier diversity
- How diverse suppliers can provide potential opportunities to large businesses
- Why hiring minority-led businesses is no longer a hard-sell
- Tips for small businesses to win contracts with large companies
- Being realistic about your company’s viability
- Common flaws in supplier diversity systems and tools
- Changes that need to be made within supplier diversity and inclusion strategies for 2022
- Bringing innovation back to supplier diversity
- Why you can no longer say “Because we’ve always done it this way”
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.