Roy Broderick Jr. is the President and CEO of Authentique Agency, a full-service marketing and consulting firm that helps businesses optimize genuine marketing strategies directed toward minorities and LGBTQ+ groups. He has worked with big names in the industry, such as AT&T, Coca-Cola, and the National Museum of African American Music. Roy is also the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the American Marketing Association, Atlanta Chapter.
Roy joins us to discuss how companies can appeal to minorities in a sincere manner. He explains what many companies get wrong with their ads, especially regarding authentic minority families. He shares his passion for multicultural marketing and how Authentique Agency can help any business relate to its minority and LGBTQ+ consumers. Roy also shares advice on what small businesses can do to make sure they do multicultural marketing the right way.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- What multicultural marketing is and its pros and cons
- How multicultural marketing can seem inauthentic
- What businesses need to understand about catering to minority and LGBTQ+ consumers
- How companies can pay homage while also being respectful about black and brown cultures
- The common errors companies make when marketing to different cultures
- How Roy’s team helps companies improve their multicultural marketing strategies
- The impact of last year’s BLM protests on company marketing
- Roy’s advice to small businesses that want to get their multicultural marketing right
Connect With Roy Broderick Jr:
- The Authentique Agency
- The Authentique Agency on LinkedIn
- Roy Broderick Jr.’s Official Website
- Roy Broderick Jr. on LinkedIn
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground.
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.