Sara Bodison is the Director of Supplier Corporate Responsibility and Risk at the RELX Group, a global provider of data and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. In her 13 years with the RELX Group, she has become a specialist in marketing services procurement, strategic planning and management, and supplier relationship management, among other skills. Sara is responsible for developing and managing processes that ensure the suppliers adhere to ethical rules.
Sara joins us to discuss how organizations can create internal champions for supplier diversity. She describes the differences between domestic and global supplier diversity programs. She shares what she hopes to do with her position. Sara also discusses her thoughts on industry disruptors and how technology enables more opportunities for small businesses.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- The services the RELX Group offers Corporate America
- The differences between a domestic and global supplier diversity program
- Why you shouldn’t structure your programs with corporate responsibility
- Why they added KPIs to their procurement teams
- What Sara wishes to do more of with her position
- Sara’s responsibility in guaranteeing an ethical supply chain
- What it means to have an ethical supply chain
- Working with your internal champions and how to prepare supplier diversity programs for them
Connect With Sara Bodison:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.