Zuzy Martin-Aly is the host of Girls in Tech’s podcast. Girls in Tech is a nonprofit organization with the mission to eliminate the gender gap in technology one podcast episode at a time. Zuzy is an expert in brand strategizing and marketing and works with clients and agencies to promote their products or services in the most creative ways possible. She is also an award-winning filmmaker whose documentary film, Craving Cuba, was accepted to 13 film festivals. Craving Cuba inspects the Cuban-American experience, paying close attention to the ways politics complicate their relationship with Cuba.
Zuzy joins us to discuss what Girls in Tech is about and how this organization is different from other women-led organizations. She shares her experience as a podcaster and how her background in film helped her grow the show. She explains the different stereotypes and barriers that keep many women out of the tech industry. She discusses the art of interviewing and how it’s more than just asking questions and getting answers. Zuzy also describes the benefits of having a diverse team in any business.
Topics discussed in this episode of Breaking Barriers, Building Hire Ground:
- The background and mission of Girls in Tech
- How their show stands out from other female-led podcasts
- The barriers that keep the number of women in the tech industry low
- How working with an array of people promotes creative, innovative solutions
- Zuzy’s experience working in multicultural markets
- Why it’s a privilege to interview a person
- How Zuzy’s film-making experience influenced the way she runs her podcast
- Zuzy’s advice for preparing an interview
- Why independent films are more likely to connect with audiences
Connect With Zuzy Martin-Aly:
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.