“Goals and metrics are your North Star—if you don’t have them, you have no idea what you’re navigating to.” – Adam Moore
Supplier diversity is rapidly becoming a necessity for every business in the modern corporate world. Tapping into diverse talent is crucial to staying innovative and competitive while simultaneously meeting your organizational goals for inclusive economic impact. But how is a successful supplier diversity program started and maintained? What does it take to develop and sustain strong procurement practices and align your company’s values with a more diverse and inclusive mindset?
In this episode, we outline how organizations can build supplier diversity programs from the ground up. We explore how identifying the goals of a supplier diversity program impacts support, buy-in, and success. We discuss strategies for updating an existing supplier diversity program in a company. We also highlight the supplier diversity manager’s role as a changemaker and relationship-builder and share best practices for establishing connections with other supplier diversity professionals.
This week on Breaking Barriers:
- Starting or relaunching a supplier diversity practice or program
- Change management and three questions to ask before starting a supplier diversity practice
- The role of supplier diversity managers as change managers
- Transforming entrenched mindsets about viable partners across racial and gender lines
- Updating an existing supplier diversity program in a company
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with supplier diversity professionals and other stakeholders
- Driving incremental change and language learning through immersion
- Best practices for identifying diverse suppliers
- The importance of goals and metrics in supplier diversity programs
- Why relationship-building is crucial to a supplier diversity program’s success
This podcast is brought to you by Hire Ground
Hire Ground is a technology company whose mission is to bridge the wealth gap through access to procurement opportunities. Hire Ground is making the enterprise ecosystem more viable, profitable, and competitive by clearing the path for minority-led, women-led, LGBT-led, and veteran-led small businesses to contribute to the global economy as suppliers to enterprise organizations.
For more information on getting started please visit us @ hireground.io today!
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.